- Can you port a number if you owe money?
- Can I keep my number if I stay on the same network?
- Can I transfer my mobile number to the same network Virgin?
- What happens to old SIM after porting?
- Which network is best?
- Can I use my old SIM while porting?
- What happens to balance while porting?
- Can I port back to my old network India?
- How do I port back to Vodacom?
- How many times I can port my SIM?
- How do you tell if your number has been ported?
- Can I transfer my mobile number to the same network 3?
- What happens during number porting?
- Can I port twice in one month?
- Can you port a number twice?
- Can I port number to same network?
- What to do after porting number?
Can you port a number if you owe money?
Companies may charge you to port your number, but you can ask whether any fees can be waived or negotiated.
Once you request service from a new company, your old company cannot refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee..
Can I keep my number if I stay on the same network?
How You Keep Your Number. Keeping your phone number is easy. You contact your current operator and ask for a PAC (Port Authorisation Code). You then give the PAC to your new operator and they take care of everything.
Can I transfer my mobile number to the same network Virgin?
Yes, absolutely. You can keep your existing mobile number and move it to Virgin Mobile once you have received your Virgin Mobile SIM card. You just need to go online by clicking here, move your number.
What happens to old SIM after porting?
Your old SIM will be deactivated within one hour of the stated time of porting. Your new SIM card will be activated within two hours of the stated porting time. Can a subscriber submit a porting request to more than one operator at the same time?
Which network is best?
The 8 Best Mobile SIM Networks In India 2020Airtel. Airtel s the largest mobile network provider in the country, having over 300 million subscribers. … Vodafone. Vodafone is the network provider that I currently use. … Idea Cellular. … Jio. … BSNL. … Reliance Communications. … Tata DoCoMo. … MTNL.
Can I use my old SIM while porting?
Once you’ve given your PAC code to your new network, they’ll begin porting the number from your old SIM to your new SIM. This means that your old number will move to your new SIM on your new network. Keep your old SIM in your old phone for the time being, so you can make and receive calls and texts.
What happens to balance while porting?
You will lose any unused balance within your pre-paid account once your phone number has been ported (transferred) to another operator or another State (Telecom Circle). You are advised therefore to use up all of your account credit before the MNP porting (transfer) process takes place.
Can I port back to my old network India?
2. Send the following text message – PORT followed by your 10-digit mobile number to TRAI’s central number for mobile number portability – 1900. Example: Send ‘PORT 98xxxxxx98’ to 1900. You’ll receive an SMS back with a port out code which will remain valid for only 15 days.
How do I port back to Vodacom?
Switching to Prepaid is even easierGet a Vodacom SIM. You need a Vodacom prepaid that has been RICA-registered to start the process. Find a store.SMS us your new SIM number. Using your existing cell number, SMS ‘portme’ followed by your new SIM number to 082 767 8287.Confirm and activate. You will receive two SMSs.
How many times I can port my SIM?
– The 3 Month Rule. A subscriber is eligible to make a porting request only after 90 days of the date of activation of his mobile connection. If a number is already ported once, the number can again be ported only after 90 days from the date of the previous porting.
How do you tell if your number has been ported?
How to Find Out If a Cell Phone Number Was PortedCall your cell phone provider. If you’ve recently ported your number from an old cell phone provider to a new one, call the new provider and request the status of the ported number. … Check the provider’s website. … Hire a private investigator.
Can I transfer my mobile number to the same network 3?
2. Once your new SIM is delivered, you can activate it by simply putting it in your phone. 3. Then when you’re ready, complete the transfer number form below and we’ll transfer your number and credit to your new SIM within 24 hours.
What happens during number porting?
The porting process is designed to minimise the time you’ll be without a service. After you’ve supplied your new network with the PAC code, your old number will remain active. That means you’ll still receive calls and texts.
Can I port twice in one month?
You can port any number of times, but after three months of every port , meaning you need to stick with the operator you ported to for minimum three months before porting out to another operator.
Can you port a number twice?
There is no difference between port ‘back’ and port out. However you can do so only after 3 months of first porting. You need to complete 90 days with your current service provider and then only you can port. The porting is same as you did before.
Can I port number to same network?
While it is a much simpler process to transfer your number when moving to a new network, it is not entirely impossible when staying with the same provider. In order to retain your phone number while moving to a new tariff on the same network you will need to negotiate a contract upgrade with that network.
What to do after porting number?
More videos on YouTubeAfter Porting, Confirm Cancellation of Your Old Service. Do NOT call the provider you’re leaving and cancel service before the port completes. … Get the Most Out of Your New Plan. … Review Your Phone Plan.